We've done this a few times before and people seem to have a good time:
IMPORTANT: Venue Change!
The primary venue for FM.24.09 has been changed to Elliott St Deli and Pub. If you show up at Jack's pizza, you're at the wrong place!
The Main Event
- Solo riders and teams of 4-6 people
- 24 Hours of Laps through Atlanta visiting each checkpoint in order and swiping your team RFID card. A suggested route is below.
- 24 Hours of completing tasks for points (Posted at the start of the event, and in your information packet)
- Awesome prizes for the men and women that go the fastest and furthest
- Awesome prizes for the teams that go the furthest and for the teams with the most points. (Prizes for laps and prizes for points will be equally awesome.)
- Awesome prizes for anything else we think of!
- Live real-time online stats so you know how your team stacks up, and so people can follow along at home
Keep your eye open for:
- Green Jersey: current fastest lap
- Black Jersey: current points leader (team)
- Polkadot Jersey: king of the mountain
- Yellow Jersey: current laps leader (team)
- White Jersey: fastest under 21 rider
Details below, all subject to change at any time!, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- pre-register for $21/person and payment via paypal closed on September 9th at 11:59PM eastern time
- On-site registration is between 9:00am and 11:30am for $25/person.
- Each team member needs to sign a waiver. Please print, sign, and bring with you.
- Massive party with DJ
- Live Bands
- Pulled Pork Smoker
- Drink Specials
- Special shot, just for participants
- Free Beer from the FM Keg of Terrapin at 11:30am on Sunday
- Free beer from the FM keg of Victory Hop Ale until its gone
- Open extended hours
- Drink Specials
- Open Air Patio overlooking the checkpoint
- Neutral Sag Support
- Closest bike shop to event headquarters and almost guaranteed to have any parts you need
- Open 24 Hours
- Trick Competition (to be scheduled)
Suggested route on public streets (and one bridge closed to car traffic) going with the flow of traffic (including one-way roads) is below. 12.2 miles, 600 feet of climbing. Most people should be able to do this in less than an hour. Route is clockwise.
View Larger Map
|9:00am||On-Site registration opens. Teams (even pre-registered ones) all need to check in to sign waivers and pick up your information packet.|
|9:15am||No-Drop neutral (parade) lap begins. If you're from out of town, want to see exact checkpoint locations, etc, this is for you!|
|11:30am||On-Site registration closes. YOUR TEAM MUST BE REGISTERED BEFORE 11:30! There will be a line, so be early. No teams or riders will be added after 11:30am. (All members don't need to be present, but we need money and waivers from everyone)|
|3:00pm-4:00pm||Goldsprints Competition at Elliott St|
|3:00pm-4:00pm||Polo Competition at Peter's Parking Deck at Georgia Tech|
|5:00pm-11:00pm||$15 Tattoos at Only You Tattoo - Commemorative Design!|
|6:00pm||NoBrakes Trick Comp hosted by Death Pedal at 406 Woodward Ave (House slab down the street from NoBrakes) - Prizes and Points|
|8:00pm||Bike Tube Hula Hoop Contest at Registration Table - Bring your own tube!|
|12:00am||Midnight Corksccrew Mission (be at the corckscrew at midnight to complete this mission!)|
|2:00am||King of the Mountain Hill Sprint - Meet at the registration table at 2am, group ride to the hill, mass sprint to the top! Prizes and Points!|
|4:00am||4am MLK Tattoo sprint - be at MLK Drive near Daddy Dz at 4am. Male and Female winners each get $100 worth of ink from Only You Tattoo|
|10:00am||Gravel lot must be clear of campers|
|11:30am||We tap a keg of Terrapin at Elliott St. Beer is free until it's empty!|
|12:00pm||Final checkpoint closes. All laps must be completed before this time to be valid.|
|12:30pm||Awards Ceremony begins|
|1:30pm||Everything should be done. Please clean up after yourself and go home!|
To be scheduled
- Some point events will happen at specific times or within specific time frames. These will be posted here at the start of the event, and will be in your information packet.
Event Organizers and Elliott St can kick you out of the event for any reason, so don't give us a reason to do so. Reasons for being kicked out of the event include but are not limited to:
- Breaking any laws (traffic laws, vandalizing property, etc)
- Cheating (falsafying point competition entries, visiting checkpoints in some other way than taking your teams RFID card to each one by riding a bicycle, etc)
- Not following any Event Organizers' instructions.
Event Organizers have the final say on everything. We've very rarely had to use this power and pretty much everyone has a fantastic time every year, so if we ask you to do something or not do something, please just listen to us!
You do need to have front and rear lights, a bell, and a helmet.
Some other little things
- No Refunds.
- The Event ocurs regardless of the weather. It's never rained, but it's been real hot and real cold!
- Each team gets 1 RFID card. First replacement is $10, second replacement is $25, no further replacements will be provided. Each card has a small hole in it for a lanyard, etc, but you cannot put any more holes in it. It's useful to bring something to attach to your card to make it easier to get at.
- Tap "START" right before you go out on your lap, visit each checkpoint in order and tap your card there, and tap "FINISH" right when you complete your lap. This way you can take a break between laps, and still have accurate lap times.
- Each team is responsible for themselves. There is no organized mechanical, medical, or emergency support.
- Working front and rear lights are required by law and by us. Helmets are required by us.
- Parking information will be provided in the team packet you receive when you check in at the event.